It’s simple. When you donate your stuff to Goodwill, you create opportunities for individuals in our community looking to find a job and build skills. 100% of the proceeds from Goodwill stores serve our mission to empower people with disadvantages and different abilities to earn and keep employment through individualized programs and services. Thank YOU for supporting our mission!
Donate your stuff
Drop off donation items at any Goodwill location during our store hours. Find the closest location here.
Goodwill does not offer pick up services.
- Clothing and outerwear for all seasons
- Accessories – jewelry, belts, shoes, purses, scarves, ties, hats
- Linens – blankets, sheets, towels, curtains, drapes
- Housewares – dishes, silverware, pots, pans, baskets, tins, glassware (please package carefully)
- Books (except textbooks and encyclopedias)
- Electronics– stereos (not consoles), computers, monitors, printers, toasters, irons, clock radios, tape players, mp3 players, speakers
- Mechanical items – bikes, lawnmowers, weed whackers
- CDs, VHS and DVDs
- Fabric, sewing supplies
The following items are NOT ACCEPTED at Goodwill. However, see below for community partners that may be able to help you properly donate, recycle or dispose of these items.
- Baby Items: car seats and infant furniture - Community Services League
- Baby Items: strollers, swings and bouncers - contact our partner, Rose Brooks, to donate
- Batteries and hazardous chemicals, paint, solvent, oil: contact Jackson County Household Waste Disposal Facility (or your local county)
- Building materials and blinds/curtain rods - Habitat for Humanity KC ReStore
- Exercise equipment: check with Play it Again Sports to see if they will accept your items
- Large appliances: stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, dishwashers - please contact Habitat for Humanity KC ReStore
- Large office furniture: The Surplus Exchange
- Mattresses and box springs: contact Sleepyhead Beds to see if your bed meets their needs
- Magazines: contact your local recycling drop-off center
- Medical supplies: Coalition for Independence
- Tires: contact The City of Kansas City, MO Public Works Department (or your local city's office)
- Toiletries: Giving The Basics
- TVs and console stereos: please see the recycling policies at Best Buy for these items
- Wire hangers: some dry cleaners, including Pride Cleaners, will recycle wire hangers
- Residential Pick-ups for donations: contact the Community Services League
- Other items? Try the Recycle Spot.
Host a donation event
Host a Donation Event
Anyone can host a Goodwill donation drive to help make a difference in our local community.
All 100% of the proceeds from donated items to Goodwill support programs that serve local job seekers, such as:
- Vocational Rehabilitation Employment, helping individuals reenter the workforce
- Extended Employment Services, placing individuals with more severe disabilities in jobs where they can succeed
- and GoodWORKS Career Resource Centers, providing career exploration assistance to anyone who is interested.
You also protect our environment by reducing the amount of goods going into landfills, when you donate reusable items to Goodwill. Last year, Goodwill diverted 15 million tons of donated items, thanks to our donors.
Donation Drive Ideas:
- Campus Move-Out
- School Drives
- Community Garage Sales
- E-Cycling Drives
- Go Green Drives
- Seasonal Clean-up/Clothing Drives
- Apartment Drives
- and more...Be creative!
Who can host a drive?
- Cities & Government Agencies
- Businesses & Corporate Offices
- Home Owners Associations
- Schools & Universities (public & private)
- Churches & Religious Groups
- Clubs & Associations
- YOU can!
How to host a donation event:
- Choose a date for your drive.
- Contact Goodwill at email@example.com to borrow collection bins and/or schedule a truck to pick-up donations.
- Spread the word about your donation drive.
- Collect the donated items, and take them to any of our Goodwill Donation locations.
Donate your time
Be a part of something GOOD.
We’re currently developing an amazing volunteer program to launch in Spring of 2016. We know your time is valuable and where you chose to volunteer is a big decision – so thank you for thinking of Goodwill. If you’d like to hear from us when volunteer opportunities are available, please fill out a volunteer profile.
Complete your volunteer profile
Donate your dollars
We’ll put your dollars to GOOD use.
By making a financial gift to Goodwill, you are giving a job seeker the chance to find self-respect and self-sustainability. That’s because Goodwill empowers people with disadvantages and different abilities to earn and keep employment through individualized programs and services.
And, your dollars stay local, right here in our community.
On behalf of Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas, thank you!
Get in GOOD with Uncle Sam
Goodwill is a nonprofit organization. Every time you donate your used goods, Goodwill offers you a receipt. Please check with your tax professional about how to receive tax deductions for your donations.
Donate your computer
Goodwill can safely accept your unwanted computer and computer equipment. All brands and types of computer equipment in any condition are accepted.
Goodwill removes personal information and refurbishes newer computers to be sold on shopgoodwill.com/mokan. Older computers and computer equipment are recycled through Dell’s ReConnect program.
100% of proceeds stay local! Bring your computer & computer equipment to any Goodwill location.
Donate your vehicle
Donate your unwanted car, van, truck, motorcycle, motor home or boat and give back to Goodwill! 100% of proceeds stay local to serve your community. Get started here.
Find a Location