It's simple. When you donate to, give to or shop at Goodwill, you empower job seekers in our community. Your donation makes a difference. 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends supports local programs and services that empower people with disadvantages and different abilities to earn and keep employment.
We're ready when you are. There is a donation drop off and a donation center at every Goodwill location making it convenient for you to donate furniture, donate clothes, or donate other items. When you donate, you recycle. Thank YOU for supporting our mission!
Donate your stuff
Drop off donation items at any Goodwill location during our store hours. Find the closest location here.
Goodwill does not offer pick up services.
- Clothing and outerwear for all seasons
- Accessories – jewelry, belts, shoes, purses, scarves, ties, hats
- Linens – blankets, sheets, towels, curtains, drapes
- Housewares – dishes, silverware, pots, pans, baskets, tins, glassware (please package carefully)
- Books (except textbooks and encyclopedias)
- Electronics– stereos (not consoles), computers, monitors, printers, toasters, irons, clock radios, tape players, mp3 players, speakers
- All Electric Mechanical items – bikes, lawnmowers, weed whackers (no gas powered items)
- CDs, VHS and DVDs
- Fabric, sewing supplies
The following items are NOT ACCEPTED at Goodwill. However, see below for community partners that may be able to help you properly donate, recycle or dispose of these items.
- Baby Items: car seats and infant furniture - Community Services League
- Baby Items: strollers, swings and bouncers - contact our partner, Rose Brooks, to donate
- Batteries and hazardous chemicals, paint, solvent, oil: contact Jackson County Household Waste Disposal Facility (or your local county)
- Building materials and blinds/curtain rods - Habitat for Humanity KC ReStore
- Exercise equipment: check with Play it Again Sports to see if they will accept your items
- Large appliances: stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, dishwashers - please contact Habitat for Humanity KC ReStore
- Large office furniture: The Surplus Exchange
- Mattresses and box springs: contact Sleepyhead Beds to see if your bed meets their needs
- Magazines: contact your local recycling drop-off center
- Medical supplies: Coalition for Independence
- Tires: contact The City of Kansas City, MO Public Works Department (or your local city's office)
- Toiletries: Giving The Basics
- TVs and console stereos: please see the recycling policies at Best Buy for these items
- Wire hangers: some dry cleaners, including Pride Cleaners, will recycle wire hangers
- Residential Pick-ups for donations: contact the Community Services League
- Other items? Try the Recycle Spot.
Host a donation event
Anyone can host a Goodwill donation drive to help make a difference in our local community.
90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends supports our mission. And, donating to Goodwill keeps unwanted items out of landfills. Learn more about our sustainability efforts here.
Donation Drive Ideas:
- Campus Move-Out
- School Drives
- Community Garage Sales
- E-Cycling Drives
- Go Green Drives
- Seasonal Clean-up/Clothing Drives
- Apartment Drives
Who can host a drive?
- Cities & Government Agencies
- Businesses & Corporate Offices
- Home Owners Associations
- Schools & Universities (public & private)
- Churches & Religious Groups
- Clubs & Associations
Please submit this inquiry form and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your donation drive!
Donate your time
Be a part of something GOOD.
We’re currently developing an amazing volunteer program to launch in Spring of 2016. We know your time is valuable and where you chose to volunteer is a big decision – so thank you for thinking of Goodwill. If you’d like to hear from us when volunteer opportunities are available, please fill out a volunteer profile.
Complete your volunteer profile
Donate your dollars
We’ll put your dollars to GOOD use.
By making a financial gift to Goodwill, you give a job seeker the chance to find self-respect and self-sustainability. That’s because Goodwill empowers people with disadvantages and different abilities to earn and keep employment through individualized programs and services.
And, your dollars stay local – right here in our community.
On behalf of Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas, thank you!
Donate your computer
Goodwill can safely accept your unwanted computer and computer equipment. All brands and types of computer equipment in any condition are accepted.
Goodwill removes personal information and refurbishes newer computers to be sold on shopgoodwill.com/mokan. Older computers and computer equipment are recycled through Dell’s ReConnect program.
100% of proceeds stay local! Bring your computer & computer equipment to any Goodwill location.
Donate your vehicle
Donate your unwanted car, van, truck, motorcycle, motor home or boat and give back to Goodwill! 100% of proceeds stay local to serve your community. Get started here.
Find a Location