For more than a century your donations of gently used items and your purchases in our stores have funded our mission. Goodwill serves approximately 3,500 individuals annually in their quest for gainful employment and supporters like you make continuing our community services possible. By donating your stuff, your dollars, or your time, we can build sustainable and prosperous communities.
Donate your stuff
Drop off donation items at any Goodwill location during our store hours. Find the closest location to you here.
Goodwill does not offer residential pickup services. And, we do not accept any televisions. The cost to recycle TVs directly impacts our ability to fund our mission.
- Accessories including jewelry, belts, shoes, purses, scarves, ties, hats
- Bedframes & headboards
- Books (sorry, no textbooks or encyclopedias)
- CDs, VHS, and DVDs
- Clothing and outerwear for all seasons
- Computers & computer accessories including monitors, printers, mouses, keyboards
- Electric lawnmowers, trimmers, and weed whackers
- Electronics including stereos (sorry, no consoles), toasters, irons, clocks, radios, Mp3 players, speakers, small electric kitchen appliances
- Fabric and sewing supplies
- Furniture including couches, sleeper sofas, futons, dressers, tables, chairs, wardrobes
- Home office furniture including chairs, desks, filing cabinets
- Housewares including dishes, silverware, pots & pans, baskets, tins, glassware (please package carefully)
- Linens including blankets, sheets, towels, curtains, drapes
- Small exercise equipment including weights, dumbbells, yoga mats, exercise balls
- Sporting goods including bowling balls, bats, balls, skates
The following items are NOT ACCEPTED at Goodwill. However, see below for community partners that may be able to help you properly donate, recycle or dispose of these items.
- Auto parts, tires, and car batteries
- Baby gear and furniture that hold a child including cribs, baby gates, changing tables, pack n plays, car seats, strollers, swings and bouncers
- Batteries and hazardous chemicals including paint, solvent, oil
- Building materials including timber, drywall, concrete mix, putty, carpet
- House electrical features or anything that mounts to a wall including ceiling fans, or other hardwired electrics, and lightbulbs
- Exercise machines including ab rollers, treadmills, stationary bikes or elliptical
- Large appliances including stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, dishwashers
- Mattresses and box springs
- Magazines: contact your local recycling drop-off center
- Medical Equipment including wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, canes
- Personal hygiene items
- Televisions (this includes all TVs, even flat-screen televisions) and console stereos
- Review recycling policies at Best Buy for these items
- Weapons including guns, bows, ammunition, pocket knives
- Contact your local police department
Need a little more help moving the items you would like to donate to Goodwill? Contact College Hunks! College Hunks provides residential and commercial pick-up services at a reduced fee for Goodwill donors.
Have a lot of items to donate such as office equipment or liquidation?
Contact the Donor & Volunteer Engagement Specialist to discuss details at 816-379-9024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other items? Try the Recycle Spot.
Host a donation event
Anyone can host a Goodwill donation drive to help make a difference in our local community.
88¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends supports our mission. And, donating to Goodwill keeps unwanted items out of landfills. Learn more about our sustainability efforts here.
Donation Drive Ideas:
- Campus Move-Out
- School Drives
- Community Garage Sales
- E-Cycling Drives
- Go Green Drives
- Seasonal Clean-up/Clothing Drives
- Apartment Drives
Who can host a drive?
- Cities & Government Agencies
- Businesses & Corporate Offices
- Home Owners Associations
- Schools & Universities (public & private)
- Churches & Religious Groups
- Clubs & Associations
Please submit this inquiry form and/or email email@example.com. to set up your donation drive!
Donate your time
Be a part of something GOOD.
We know your time is valuable and where you chose to volunteer is a big decision – so thank you for thinking of Goodwill. If you’d like to hear from us when volunteer opportunities are available, please fill out a volunteer profile.
Complete your volunteer profile
Donate your dollars
Please consider a financial gift to support our mission. Your contribution directly supports those in your community – Goodwill serves individuals with disadvantages and different abilities across western Missouri and eastern Kansas. You can also assist Goodwill by reducing its office supplies expense by purchasing select items on our behalf from our registry.
On behalf of Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas, thank you!
Registry For Good
Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas is a CARF-accredited 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your in-kind and financial contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Click here for our in-kind donation receipt
Donate your computer
Goodwill can safely accept your unwanted computer and computer equipment. All brands and types of computer equipment in any condition are accepted.
Goodwill refurbishes some computers to be sold online at shopgoodwill.com/mokan. Older computers and computer equipment are recycled through Dell’s ReConnect program. Please take measures to protect your personal information prior to donating computers.
100% of proceeds stay local! Bring your computer & computer equipment to any Goodwill location.
Donate your vehicle
Donate your unwanted car, van, truck, motorcycle, motor home or boat and give back to Goodwill! 100% of proceeds stay local to serve your community. Get started here.
Find a Location