Donate your stuff
Drop off donation items at any Goodwill location during our store hours. Find the closest location here.
Goodwill does not offer residential pickup services. And, we do not accept any televisions. The cost to recycle TVs directly impacts our ability to fund our mission.
- Accessories including jewelry, belts, shoes, purses, scarves, ties, hats
- Bedframes & headboards
- Books (sorry, no textbooks or encyclopedias)
- CDs, VHS and DVDs
- Clothing and outerwear for all seasons
- Computers & computer accessories including monitors, printers, mouses, keyboards
- Electric lawnmowers, trimmers and weed whackers
- Electronics including stereos (sorry, no consoles), toasters, irons, clocks, radios, Mp3 players, speakers, small electric kitchen appliances
- Fabric and sewing supplies
- Furniture including couches, sleeper sofas, futons, dressers, tables, chairs, wardrobes
- Home office Furniture including chairs, desks, filing cabinets
- Housewares including dishes, silverware, pots & pans, baskets, tins, glassware (please package carefully)
- Linens including blankets, sheets, towels, curtains, drapes
- Small exercise equipment including weights, dumbbells, yoga mats, exercise balls
- Sporting goods including bowling balls, bats, balls, skates
The following items are NOT ACCEPTED at Goodwill. However, see below for community partners that may be able to help you properly donate, recycle or dispose of these items.
- Auto parts,tiresand car batteries
- Baby gear and furniturethathold a child including cribs, baby gates, changing tables, pack n plays, car seats, strollers,swingsand bouncers
- Batteries and hazardous chemicals including paint, solvent, oil
- Building materials including timber, drywall, concrete mix, putty, carpet
- House electrical features or anything that mounts to a wall including ceiling fans, or other hardwired electrics,andlightbulbs
- Exercise machines including ab rollers, treadmills, stationary bikes or elliptical
- Large appliances including stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, dishwashers
- Mattresses and box springs
- Magazines: contact your local recycling drop-off center
- Medical Equipment including wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, canes
- Personal hygiene items
- Televisions (this includes all TVs, even flat screen televisions) and console stereos
- Review recycling policies at Best Buy for these items
- Weapons including guns, bows, ammunition, pocket knives
- Contact your local police department
Need a little more help moving the items you would like to donate to Goodwill? Contact College Hunks! College Hunks provides residential and commercial pick-up services at a reduced fee for Goodwill donors.
Have a lot of items to donate such as office equipment or liquidation?
Contact the Director of Community Engagement to discuss details at 816-842-7425 or email@example.com.
Other items? Try the Recycle Spot.
Host a donation event
Anyone can host a Goodwill donation drive to help make a difference in our local community.
90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends supports our mission. And, donating to Goodwill keeps unwanted items out of landfills. Learn more about our sustainability efforts here.
Donation Drive Ideas:
- Campus Move-Out
- School Drives
- Community Garage Sales
- E-Cycling Drives
- Go Green Drives
- Seasonal Clean-up/Clothing Drives
- Apartment Drives
Who can host a drive?
- Cities & Government Agencies
- Businesses & Corporate Offices
- Home Owners Associations
- Schools & Universities (public & private)
- Churches & Religious Groups
- Clubs & Associations
Please submit this inquiry form and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your donation drive!
Donate your time
Be a part of something GOOD.
We know your time is valuable and where you chose to volunteer is a big decision – so thank you for thinking of Goodwill. If you’d like to hear from us when volunteer opportunities are available, please fill out a volunteer profile.
Complete your volunteer profile
Donate your dollars
We’ll put your dollars to GOOD use.
By making a financial gift to Goodwill, you give a job seeker the chance to find self-respect and self-sustainability. That’s because Goodwill empowers people with disadvantages and different abilities to earn and keep employment through individualized programs and services.
And, your dollars stay local – right here in our community.
On behalf of Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas, thank you!
Donate your computer
Goodwill can safely accept your unwanted computer and computer equipment. All brands and types of computer equipment in any condition are accepted.
Goodwill refurbishes newer computers to be sold on shopgoodwill.com/mokan. Older computers and computer equipment are recycled through Dell’s ReConnect program. It's always best for donors to take measures to protect their personal information and to do so prior to donating computers.
100% of proceeds stay local! Bring your computer & computer equipment to any Goodwill location.
Donate your vehicle
Donate your unwanted car, van, truck, motorcycle, motor home or boat and give back to Goodwill! 100% of proceeds stay local to serve your community. Get started here.
Find a Location